ABU - ASALKAN BUKAN UMNO

ABU - ASALKAN BUKAN UMNO

My Exchange Banner

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Outright online bookkeeping for just $9.99 / mo!

Monday, February 27, 2012

My life with the playboy rapist

Unknown | 12:20 AM | | Best Blogger Tips

Do You Like This Story?





A WOMAN who was raped and bashed by playboy Simon Lowe says she has written a book to "redeem myself" for not having the courage to go to police with her claims.

Kay Schubach, a Sydney art gallery manager who previously managed the financial affairs of celebrities, has written a book, Perfect Stranger, detailing her short, violent relationship with Lowe.

Lowe, 45, who is also known as Simon Monteiro and Bonito Monteiro, is serving a 12-year sentence for the aggravated sexual assault of another ex-girlfriend. He was convicted last year and will be eligible for parole in 2015.

Kay Schubach: How I fell for a monster


During that trial, police asked Ms Schubach, Lowe's girlfriend for two months in 2003, to give evidence against him, but she was too afraid he would carry out his threats to kill her or harm her family.

Now 49, she never pursued police action against Lowe over what she now claims was violent behaviour, including several rapes and assaults.

"I really want other women to know about this man," Ms Schubach told The Sunday Telegraph last week. "He's a violent narcissist. He will move on to the next victim.

"I had the wherewithal to get the message out there by writing a book.

"That redeemed me a little for not being able to take him to court and press charges."

Ms Schubach said that like most domestic violence victims, she blamed herself for many years.

"My girlfriends tried to help me, but I knew I would inflame the situation if I left him. I was quite bewildered. I continued to blame myself," she said.

She said she wrote the book to atone for her failure to have Lowe convicted at the time, and wants other women to take strength from her story: to trust the police and courts.

"You have to recognise your fear and use it to save yourself," she said. "You have to reach inside yourself and find your inner strengths - and make your fears known.

"You also have to put aside the embarrassment and the shame. It's not really shameful; what's happened to you is not your fault.

"You're with a man who is using violence to control you, and you're probably full of love and patience and trust - wonderful qualities he's used against you."


Info : News

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Blogger Gadgets