ABU - ASALKAN BUKAN UMNO

ABU - ASALKAN BUKAN UMNO

My Exchange Banner

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Outright online bookkeeping for just $9.99 / mo!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mugged, beaten.. but not broken

Unknown | 6:57 PM | | | Best Blogger Tips

Do You Like This Story?



Vow of 'rescue' lad Asyraf

Brave smile ... Asyraf recovers in hospital yesterday

A STUDENT whose riot mugging shocked the world yesterday told how he might have been hurt - but he would never be broken.

Malaysian Asyraf Haziq even plans to remain in Britain despite his horrific ordeal and family pleas for him to return home.
More than a million people around the world have watched a YouTube video of the helpless 20-year-old being robbed by thugs in Hackney, East London, on Monday.
One helped Asyraf to his feet and appeared to comfort him. But then another lout began going through his bag.

Among items taken were a PSP game console. Asyraf was too preoccupied with trying to stop the bleeding from his mouth to notice.
He was finally seen in a daze by the side of the road.
Speaking in his native Malay, he said: "I was cycling with another student to visit a friend when a gang of about 20 came towards me. I think some had knives. The youngest looked like he was primary school age. They came in a group, they didn't attack at first, they wanted the bicycle.
"And then there was someone who put a hand in my pocket to take my phone. He pulled the bicycle and I don't know what happened, I fell, and my mouth was bleeding, so maybe I got hit."
Theft ... yobs rifle through lad's rucksack

Asyraf went on: "Then everything is a blur - I fell down.
"I was bleeding from my mouth and thought some people were coming to help me. But they were from the same group. They took my PSP and a container you can see a man in the video throwing away.
"The video has been seen by lots of people. I want to thank them for their support.
"I want everyone to know, these people may steal my things, they won't break me."

A local woman took him to her house and he was later taken to hospital.
Asyraf, who lives in Barking, East London, has been in Britain only a month after coming to study accountancy.
He is one of eight students on a Malaysian government-backed scheme.
But his family still had to save for years and borrow money to fund his dream.
Speaking from the family home in Klang Valley, Malaysia, teacher mum Maznah Abu Mansor, 47, said: "When I spoke to him I told him to come home. But he wants to finish his studies. He is not willing to come back. He told me it's an experience - that he needs to be more careful."
PM David Cameron was left shocked by the attack.
He said: "When we see the disgusting sight of a young man with people pretending to help him while they are robbing him, it is clear that there are things badly wrong with our society."
Well-wishers have begun a Twitter campaign to replace Asyraf's stolen possessions.



Recent Comments

Blogger Gadgets